Save the date! On Friday, March 6, 2009 (please note date change), at the Shoreline Center, we'll be hosting our third "Raising Resilient Rascals" adoption and foster care conference. We're still working on the precise lineup, but the general focus will be on older child and adolescent issues. Possible talks:
- When to worry about mental health issues versus "normal" teen behaviors
- "Parenting Pitfalls" vignettes and open mic, with booby prize for best worst parenting moment
- How adopted adolescents construct their identity, and how to help
- Living with an older child with executive function difficulties - practical tips
- A mother and adopted daughter discuss transracial adoption
- Adult adoptee panel
Details to follow ... stay tuned! And feel free to just go ahead and register.